Friday, February 22, 2008

Transparency of the Fabric of the Holy Face

In order to take a photo showing the transparency of the fabric I stooped down below the level of the Holy Face and put my camera up. You can see my finger bent and the outline of my camera, but otherwise all you see is transparent fabric and also the clear glass on the wall about 40 feet behind the Holy Face. The frame of the monstrance of the Holy Face has been lost in the reflection of sunlight coming from the window directly behind.

This space between the stairs for the Holy Face and the back wall of the Church is taken up with an area for prayer. If I am not mistaken there are three windows on this back wall. St. Michael on the left, clear glass in the middle, and St. Francis of Assisi on the right. Segments of these three windows can be seen in this photograph.

No comments: