Monday, November 24, 2008

Shine the Light of Thy Countenance Upon Us O Lord


Psalm 4:6
"There are many who say 'O that we might see some good!' Lift up the light of thy countenance upon us, Lord!"

Psalm 24:5-6
"He will receive blessing from the Lord, and vindication from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob"

Psalm 27:7-9
"Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me! Thou hast said, 'Seek ye my face.' My heart says to thee, 'Thy face, Lord, do I seek!' Hide not thy face from me."

Psalm 31:16
"Let thy face shine on thy servant; save me in thy steadfast love."

Psalm 44:3
"for not by their own sword did they win the land, nor did their own arm give them victory, but thy right hand and thy arm, and the light of thy countenance; for thou didst delight in them."

Psalm 67:1
"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us."

Psalm 80:3
"Restore us O God; let thy face shine, that we may be saved!."

Numbers 6:24-26
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."

Daniel 9:17
"Now therefore, O our God, hearken to the prayer of thy servant and to his supplications and for thy own sake, O Lord, cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary, which is desolate."

St. Camillus de Lellis
"May the face of Jesus Christ shine gloriously upon you"

No comments: